- "I am a loving God Tulip O'Hare, but DO NOT PUSH IT!"
- —God to Tulip[src]
God is the forger and master of Creation; encompassing Heaven, Earth, and Hell, as well as all the beings therein. His angels describe him as the Alpha and the Omega; the Truth, the Resurrection, and the Way - the bright Morning Star.
At first glance he may seem like your wonderful loving grandpop, but don't be fooled. This is the Old Testament God humans came to fear. He wants love, and he’s going to do whatever he has to to get it: manipulation, physical and emotional abuse, ending the world in a fiery apocalypse.
Creation of lifeEdit
During the beginning of time, God created the dinosaurs. However, after witnessing a dinosaur eat its own droppings, he deemed dinosaurs to be a failure and extinguished them from the planet.
Death of the Saint of Killers' familyEdit
It is unknown why, but God had left Heaven.
At one point, God reportedly frequented She She's strip club to listen to jazz music.
Just as Tulip was resurrected, God told her he has chosen her for a mission to "Get those sonsabitches".
When The Grail appeared in Angelville with Jessie's soul fragment to complete the deal for Jessie to become the Grails new messiah, Tulip attacked them in retaliation for her death believing they were the "sonsabitches" God was referring to. Tulip accidentally began her assault before Jessie could receive the 1% of his soul and thus prevented him from accessing Genesis.
God pulled Tulip over as she was driving along a road in Angelville, appearing in his Dalmatian suit riding a motorcycle with a beautiful blonde riding with him. He thanked Tulip for her service and revealed that Tulip screwing up and preventing this exchange thereby stranding Jessie in Angelville was his intent all along. When Tulip asked why he was on Earth, God said he was preparing a test for humanity. Tulip immediately called "bullsh*t" and chastised God for simply being on Earth to indulge his vices. God became enraged and told Tulip that though he was a loving god to "NOT PUSH IT" he then launched Tulip against her car and sped off on his motorcycle.
After a shootout with neo-Nazis, God froze time just before Tulip, the Angel of Death, and Eugene were about to be blasted by a tank shell. God reminded Tulip that he is a loving God. He promised Tulip he'd bless the O'Hare name if she convinces Jesse to call off his search for God but is dismissed. God warns Tulip that Cassidy is in danger but Tulip doesn't believe him.
Powers & Abilities Edit
God is typically believed to be both omniscient and omnipotent. However in the lore of Preacher, God's influence seems to be more limited. While he is certainly powerful and the creator of the cosmos, he is far less majestic or absolute than what is usually ascribed to the deity.
- Chronokinesis: As the one who supposedly created the very concept of time, God can suspend it at will. He himself remains unaffected by this as well as being able to choose which persons will also experience slowed time with him. This power also affects other deities such as the Angel of Death.
- Destiny manipulation: God can control an individual's destiny, though to what extent is unknown.
- Shapeshifting: When God threatened Tulip, he grew several feet within seconds, towering over most humans. His dog suit was also instantly transformed into a robe, making his appearance closer to how he is usually depicted in Judeo-Christian imagery. It is possible that this is his original form.
- Telekinesis: God was able to knock Tulip back several feet with a telekinetic blast.
- Omniscient: God claims to be all-knowing, though it's unknown if this is entirely true.
- Invisibility: God was shown to be present in Jesse's room in Angelville during a flashback without Jesse noticing him, though it's possible Jesse was simply imagining this. He also appeared before Tulip when she was dying after strangling Marie L'Angelle, with Tulip being the only one able to see him.
- Asteroid shower: God is able to cause destruction of apocalyptic proportions by raining fire and brimstone from the skies. This was how he exterminated the dinosaurs after being disappointed by his creation.
Behind the scenesEdit
- God is portrayed by Mark Harelik.
- Dog is backwards for God.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 (August 26, 2018). Preacher Season 3: "The Light Above". Episode 33
- ↑ Catlin, Sam (writer), Catlin, Sam (director) (July 31, 2016). Preacher Season 1: "Call and Response". Episode 10. (1x09).
- ↑ Catlin, Sam (writer), Goldberg, Evan & Rogen, Seth (directors) (June 25, 2017). Preacher Season 2: "On The Road". Episode 11. (2x01).
- ↑ Laws, Mary (writer), Green, Steph (director) (August 21, 2017). Preacher Season 2: "Dirty Little Secret". Episode 20. (2x10).
- ↑ Catlin, Sam (writer), Slovis, Michael (director) (June 24, 2018). Preacher Season 3: "Angelville". Episode 24